Cookies and Tracking Statement
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file, which is downloaded onto your computer or electronic device when you interact with our website, if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, and collect information about you.
Generally, the information collected by cookies will relate to the device used to access online content, such as an IP address or location data about the device, and your browsing activity on a website.
Cookies may be set by us, or by third party partners (such as our advertising and analytics partners). Additionally, some cookies may be set from time to time by feeds from third party websites that we make available on our sites.
Nearmap may use the information collected via our cookies to recognize your device when you visit the website, to track your navigation of the website, to improve the website's usability, to analyse the use of the website, and in the administration of the website. We use the following types of cookies:
- cookies that are strictly necessary - these are essential to enable you to navigate the websites and use associated features;
- performance and analytics cookies - these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. We use this information to improve our websites and to aid us in investigating problems raised by visitors;
- functionality cookies - these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide more personal features. We use these cookies to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections;
- targeting cookies - these cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertising technology service providers and advertisers; and
- social media cookies - these cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing or “like” button or you engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
How can you opt-out?
You will not be able to opt-out of any cookies that are strictly necessary. If you disable cookies, there may be a negative impact on the usability of our website.
Changes to our cookie statement
We may change this Cookie and Tracking Statement from time to time, and any updates will be published on our website. You should review our Cookie and Tracking Statement on a regular basis. If you continue to use our website after we change our Cookie and Tracking Statement, you will be taken to have accepted the new Cookie and Tracking Statement. This policy was last updated on 25 May 2018.
If you have any queries, concerns or questions regarding Nearmap’s collection of your personal information, please contact us by:
- sending an e-mail to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- writing to us at:
Nearmap US, Inc.
10897 South River Front Parkway, Suite 150
South Jordan UT 84095